To create a nameserver based on your existing domain, please follow these steps:
- Log into http://manage.opensrs.net with the domain name, username and password. If you don't have these you will have to contact your Reseller.
- Choose "Name Servers" from the options at the top of the page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, where it says "If you want to create of modify a name server based on domain name, click here".
- Click there :)
- You will see a set of boxes, one of which will accept data. The second box will not be editable, and will display your domain name. Choose a nameserver prefix and type it into the box.
PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT USE WWW or MAIL AS A NAME SERVER PREFIX! ns1 or dns1 would be a good idea. The full contents of these boxes (eg. Dns1.yourdomainname.com) will be the name of the new nameserver. In the IP box, you will need to type in the IP number of your domain's name server.
- Click on the "Create Nameserver" option.